You’re on the couch with your partner. It’s your date-night-in. They cooked you a delicious dinner earlier and are now opening your favorite red wine (or making one of those feel-good margaritas, we don’t discriminate). You can smell the popcorn popping in the microwave, hear the rain hitting the window, and see how damn good your person looks in the candlelight. It’s your turn to pick a movie for the night, but you want to set the mood for after…or during. You start looking for a sexy movie to get you both in the mood. Where do you even start?
It’s no secret people are driven by the thought of sex (we stay horny). Sensual behavior has been used as inspiration for and illustrated in all different art forms throughout history. We love a good sexy art piece! Movies are no different. When “the moving picture” first became a thing, directors ran to create sexy and daring scenes for that time. We might look back on them now and see them as rather tame, but there is something powerfully erotic to be said for the art of suggestion. Nowadays, the style is drastically different and more straight to the point than ever. We are deep in the sexual revolution and are, for the most part, freely depicting sexuality. What a time to be alive!
We’ve put together a list of sexy movies to get you in the mood for those nights you want to bask in the blue light of on-screen sex before you have some steamy off-screen sex yourself. And yes, of course, it’s organized by streaming service. You’re welcome.
This is a great list if you’re looking to keep it simple and have a sexy movie night for Valentine’s Day this year. If you want to skip the more subtle movie option (but let’s be honest, many of these are not subtle) and get straight to watching porn with your partner, here are some tips.
- 365 Days – Think 50 Shades of Grey, but Polish. This movie has some taboo elements to it but we can’t deny how absolutely hot the sex scenes are. There is a reason it was trending when it came out.
- After We Collided – Talk about break-up sex. They try and try to move on but they stay intertwined.
- Newness – If y’all met on an app, this one’s for you!
- Cuddle Weather – Two sex workers in a fling together? Oh yes. They start out as friends-with-benefits then realize they want more. Drama, drama, drama.
- Brokeback Mountain – Was the name on purpose? Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal…together. Putting up the finger to societal norms and we are living for it. It’s also sensitive and romantic for all the softies out there. You just might cry, it’s that good.
- Lady Chatterley’s Lover – Steamy. Erotic. A period drama. Sign us up. Follow the lead as she falls out of love for her husband and in love with the gamekeeper who helps her discover intimacy and desire.
- Malcolm & Marie – It’s in black and white. It’s Iconic in its own right. It’s definitely not your typical movie style. A couple works through their anger and resentment in one night and uses their sexual chemistry as a buffer.
- Disobedience – Star-crossed lovers and former flames reunite under sad circumstances and discover just how alive their passion for one another still is. Also, it’s Rachel McAdams–come on!
- Premature – Ever heard of the right person at the wrong time? That’s this powerful story. They fall in an all-consuming love, but Ayanna had already planned to leave the city. You’ll be thinking about all your own sultry moments with your partner.
- Don Jon – She’s different from the other women he spends time with. She makes him want to date her. But she won’t settle as second to anything, so he must give up a few things. Oh, and did we mention the porn addiction?
- The White Lotus – While it isn’t a movie, it is a wildly popular series for a reason. It has drama, murder, and vacation sex. Bring it on.
- Atonement – Sex in the library up on the bookshelf in an iconic green dress. That’s all you need to know.
- Gia – It’s a dark story but also wildly sexual as Gia explores her basic instincts and passions for a woman.
- There is No “I” in Threesome – Read that title again, baby.
- Magic Mike – This movie really has it all. Male strippers, sex on sex on sex, a great soundtrack, and Channing Tatum leading the show. If you haven’t seen this one and like dancing guys with abs, we’d highly recommend it.
- Jennifer’s Body – It’s giving…body. It is now given the title of a feminist cult classic of the modern era. Megan Fox makes the rounds and then murders her male classmates in this horror-comedy film.
- Body Heat – This movie was such a jaw-dropping femme fatale performance that it had people talking for decades. The main female character had such a strong and sexy screen presence, that it has gone down in the sexy screen hall of fame.
- The Handmaiden – A story set in colonial Korea and Japan, two women lustfully come together and discover betrayal, crime, and an extremely heated relationship.
- The Photograph – We are throwing this one in for the ones that want a sweet and romantic movie of two lovers and their journey together.
- Blue is the Warmest Color – A coming-of-age film with one of the hottest lesbian sex scenes. Follow these two through their love story and figure out why blue is the warmest (hottest) color.
- Think Like a Man – Follow friends as they explore new dating and relationship phases that yes, very much include sex. We especially love the relationship where his seduction technique is to cook. Sure enough, they always end up naked. Yum.
Honorary Mentions: The Classics
- Cruel Intentions – If you have an upper-Manhattan teen fantasy, then this is the pick for you. These stepsiblings scheme and plot to destroy their peers while keeping a sexy dynamic.
- The Notebook – Oh baby. If you don’t know this one, you’ve been living under a rock. Simply iconic. Run, don’t walk to watch Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams in this if you haven’t already.
- 50 Shades of Grey – Another banger. This film is for the ones feeling slightly adventurous. It was the sexy talk of the town for a long time. It’ll inspire you to play around in all different places for sure. Plus, the sexual tension between Christian Grey his on-screen partner is palpable.
- Sex and the City – You can’t have a sexy movie list without this classic New York story.
- Secretary – This is an offbeat BDSM romance between a lawyer and his troubled secretary. An erotic thriller that is on almost everyone’s sexy movie list.
- Dirty Dancing – Nobody puts Baby in a corner, except for Patrick Swayze when they’re passionately getting it on in his cabin. They brought a whole new meaning to fogging up the windows on a rainy day.
- Eyes Wide Shut – This is another one that ventures into territory not everyone wants to go in. But it’s about a married couple (Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, YES) in a relationship crisis, and did we mention there’s a lot of sex?
- Pretty Woman – We stan any gentleman that sees the strength in a woman that has had to make ends meet. The bathtub scene doesn’t hurt either.
- Mr. & Mrs. Smith – Spies for competing agencies meet and fall for each other while undercover? What could go wrong? Everything, but they have spicy passionate sex while it all blows up. Literally.